Traditionally, The New Year is about new beginnings, resolutions and a fresh start. So, why not start by creating a new color scheme for your home?? Painting your home, is one of the quickest ways you can update. Start with some basic color schemes provided by Pottery Barn and Sherwin Williams. The two companies have chosen coordinated paint colors to perfectly compliment their home furnishing and decor. No use getting overwhelmed with all the different paint colors to choose from, but if you do, I'm here to help! Check out this Indigo & White color scheme that is timeless and one of my favorites. Discover more color scheme from Pottery Barn + Sherwin Williams along with PBTeen, Pottery Barn Kids and West Elm by clicking the site below.
Tips for selecting the right paint colors for your home:
1. Make note of existing furnishings and interior finishes (warm or cool).
2. Determine your style by flipping through design magazines, books or websites.
3. Start to look for patterns in the styles you are drawn to (even your wardrobe).
4. Check out idea cards in design stores.
5. Lighting affects your color selection; be sure to look at the colors you are selecting at different times of the day in the actual room you will be painting.
6. Incorporate colors in other rooms, when you a making color selections in order to create a good flow.
7. Samples! Samples! Samples! I can't stress this enough, small paint chip or fan deck samples can be misleading.